Vintage 48 Star Flag with Uncle Sam
Unusual large 48 star flag made of felt. This was a tobacco company give away for buying their products. When you saved up enough coupons or premiums you would send them in to get the prize. They gave away small felt flags in the tobacco package. This one is unusual as it has Uncle Sam in two corners. Circa 1914-1920. The 48th State was voted into the Union by Congress on February 14th 1912 (Arizona) Seven Presidents served under the 48 Star Flag. Which was used from 1912 to 1959, 47 years. It served through three wars, WWI, WWII & The Korean War.
- Historical Americana Company, uses modern museum framing technology to frame our antique flags. Our in house professional framers use only conservation framing methods used by museums & library’s. Only using acid free and gas free materials along with safe clearer than glass UV acrylic.
Email or call to purchase this flag: [email protected]
- This is a authentic antique American Flag and is not a copy, reproduction or imitation. Each authentic antique flag shows the actual wear, age and use as it has been passed down through time.
- Upon your purchase each flag is carefully wrapped and packed with great care. You will receive great flag information and The Flags Certificate of Authenticity.
- Email for price, please include item number.
- Rarity rating 1 to 10, 10 being the rarest:
- We accept, Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover and PayPal.
- To purchase email [email protected] or call.