Antique 42 Star Flag From 1890
Antique 42 Star Flag From 1890. Made of printed cotton as typical of the period. With unique star arrangement with the stars arranged to look as if they are spinning. The 42 star flag was quickly obsolete on July 4th 1890 when five states were added to the union on this same date. Congress voted the 42nd States into the Union on November 11, 1889.Benjamin Harrison was President during this period of American history.
- Historical Americana Company, uses modern museum framing technology to frame our antique flags. Our in house professional framers use only conservation framing methods used by museums & library’s. Only using acid free and gas free materials along with safe clearer than glass UV acrylic. Our flags are museum mounted using safe acid free hinge technology, which does not damage the flag in any way like sewing flags down does. The hinge mounting process is completely reversible which is the prime focus to achieve in todays conservation framing. That is why museums, library’s and conservators all over the world use this safe process.
- Sewing a flag down as some framers and company’s do is very costly to the customer and can damage the flag. Sewing flags down is an out of date, old process that can and usually does damage the flag over time. In some cases sewing the flag down can cause irreparable damage and ruin your investment in the flag you purchased.
- This is what happened to the Old Glory Flag in the Smithsonian. The Smithsonian conservators spent millions of dollars to repair and reverse the damage to the flag caused by sewing the historical flag down. Framers have used the sewing method in the past and some do now because they do not know any better and are stuck with a failed technology but the main reason is they make much more money from the customer by charging huge framing cost to sew a flag down. They push this method because they make a lot of money doing so. Time has proved sewing a flag down is damaging to the flag and very costly to the customer. Our mounting process is safe, cost effective and preserves the antique flag for generations to come.
- This is a authentic antique American Flag and is not a copy, reproduction or imitation. Each authentic antique flag shows the actual wear, age and use as it has been passed down through time.
- Upon your purchase each flag is carefully wrapped and packed with great care. You will receive great flag information and The Flags Certificate of Authenticity.
- Email for price, please include item number.
- Rarity rating 1 to 10, 10 being the rarest:
- We accept, Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover and PayPal.